- 0606.October.SundayNo events
- 0707.October.MondayNo events
- 0808.October.TuesdayNo events
- 0909.October.WednesdayNo events
- 1010.October.ThursdayNo events
- 1111.October.FridayNo events
- 1212.October.Saturday8003 Regency Pkwy, Cary, NC 27518, USAhttps://humsub.org/blog/event/cary-diwali-2019/8003 Regency Pkwy, Cary, NC 27518, USA
Welcome to Sur Sahitya – a confluence of art, music, and literature, the theme of Cary Diwali 2019! As in years past, we invite you to a day-long immersive experience in all things Indian- from music and dance to food and shopping. This year, we add to this heady mix a snapshot India’s rich literary traditions. Learn about the great classics of Sanskrit literature, enjoy the enduring stories from the great epics, the Ramayana and the Mahabharat, relive your childhood through the Jataka and Panchatantra tales, the Amar Chitra Katha comics, and RK Narayanan’s charming characters of Malgudi! The Cary Diwali performing stage has been bringing you class acts from some of the Triangle’s best-loved schools of music and dance and this year is no exception. Don’t miss the evening’s show that will be anchored by a headline performer from India, which will be preceded by the second edition of our hugely popular university dance competition and our very own town celebrities’ show!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, Oct 12, 2019, and troop down to the Koka Booth Amphitheater for sumptuous Indian food and adrenaline-pumping entertainment to celebrate Diwali, the Festival of Lights!